Sunday, June 12, 2011

Blogger Break But Now I Am Back

Last week we took a blogger break too much was going on in our lives, and I didn't want to burden y'all with the details.  Lets just say it was "complicated".....lol

On to breaking news in our sweet little home we are tackling a huge project, so huge, I skered about how its going to turn out, but win or fail I will share our results....lol

Yesterday while picking up some last minute party details for little mans 3rd bday, I came to the isle for making and dying tees.  And I had a thought maybe I could die our sofa slip cover a nice dark blue or grey color.

See we have this great Kivik Sofa from Ikea, that I bought when we moved to this house.  And I had grand ideas of having a white sofa.   HA life laughs in my face!  I have a 2 year old, and let not even mention that I have butterfingers.

KIVIK Sofa bed slipcover, Blekinge white

Well one night I was relaxing with hottie hubby on the sofa after one of our "complicated" days and maybe the Cabernet got to me, but the glass slipped from my hand and broke splashing our great white sofa in a nice shade of dark red.  I've been trying to cover it with a throw across the seat, but it still ate at me knowing it was there.

So back to Joanns, I was there in the isle looking at the die, and I said what the heck.  I walked out of the store with 10 boxes of royal blue powdered fabric die.  OH BOY!

And as I write this the slipcovers are upstairs in my washer being died.  Talk about terrifying!!  We on to the details.  I am using this tutorial posted by Sherry @ Young House Love.  And I promise tomorrow morning there will be pics and results, and our epic fail posted on here....lol.

Look how awesome hers turned out.....


Here's to hoping mine come out that well.....lol

Hugs and Kisses,

Ivette

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors